Sunday, February 24, 2013

D.I.Y. in progress




Hey guys, I really wanted to put this up. I couldn't get my family to take pic's of my outfit so I had to come up with something else. I've been working on something that I've been wanting to show you guys. It will take me a while to finish so I'm making multiple posts. I'm making my own backpack. I really wanted a backpack like this for a long long time and I can only find really expensive ones so I decided to make one myself. I got the pattern of the internet. The pattern is actually for a really small backpack but I made it bigger.

The pattern is from here, as you can see it's for a small childrens backpack but I love the model so I wanted to use it.
First I printed out the pattern from the link and I enlarged all the panels using my copying machine:




Then I cut out all the panels in lining fabric and a canvas for the outside:





Yes, shitty pictures. So this is basically how far I've gotten. I started pinning and then I realised something didn't fit right. So I think I did something wrong with the enlarging. I'm going to try to find this out tonight and sew it together because I really want to get it finished. Please give this a try too and if you do tell me your results. Good luck. And hopefully I'll be able to fix this.

Love, Coosje

4 comments:

Please leave me a comment, I read all of them and respond and I really appreciate it, if you include your link I'll check out your blog. xxx